Sunday, February 1, 2009

Different & The Same.

Zoned out. Over Medicated. Stoned. That's what everyone keeps saying behind my back. Nobody ever says it to my face. Not that I would notice even if they did. Guess that's what happens when you're reduced to a zombie. But it has nothing to do with drugs or alcohol. Depression? No.

It's about sleep. Not that I can't sleep; but that I don't want to. I don't like where my mind takes me. "Who are you? Who do you want?!" "I mean you no harm. This place... it haunts you. The darkness it brings is like poison in your soul. You must expose the truth for what it is."

I'm in the woods. It's very dark and I despise the dark. I'd like to use the word "Hate", but that word is too strong of a word for me to use. The lights are very glaring and I had a gut feeling that they were going to abduct me... again. Their slimy hands. Green skin, yuck!

"They're here!" "They know you are special and they want to know your secrets. You must look within to solve the mystery. It can help protect you from them."

"SSSTTTOOOPPP!!!"

"Where am i....?" "Meeeenaaamuahhhhhhhh!" "Who... who's there? WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!" "Don't touch her." "Please... Please help me." "You don't need my help." Suddenly, things seem to look clearer. He put my glasses on for me. "You simply need to look to your past, Piper."

I closed my eyes and pictured myself unlocking myself from the chains. Waaa-la! "Can't believe I did that." "Hey! Over here!" What? Me? That can't be me. But... how is this possible? I opened the door and dashed out of that stinking place.

As the images became clearer, so did the truth. They weren't monsters. They were just men. We just kept running. Not taking a chance to look back. My heart was pounding in my chest I swear it would've jumped out!

"That one's locked! Try the other one! ," said my twin. "Who are you? Why are you trying to help me?" "I'm your sister, Debbie! We were seperated at birth, this is my home. Don't make it yours! Now, go!" I slipped through the tiny hole with such ease. "Come on, Deb!" "It's too small... how did you...?"

"PIPER!" "NO!!!!!!!!!!"

-

"DEBBBBIIIEEEE!!!!!" "It's okay, Piper. It's all okay." I hugged my father very hard. I didn't want to let go. But why? Why Debbie? I... I remember now. There was nothing extraterresterial about my abduction that night. Those men violated my body and my mind before someone erasing the entire event from my memory.

Or, I should say, our memory. Because, now I know the truth. She isn't from my dreams. Debbie is from my past. I have a sister. I kept crying, not knowing when I would stop. "Doctor, she's having these dreams again. The dellusions of a sister... she seemed so good for so long. I dont understand what happened."

"It's okay, sometimes external forces trigger the episodes. You did the right thing by calling. Don't worry Ma'am. We'll be right over and do your daughter good... again."

No comments:

Post a Comment