Sunday, February 1, 2009

Pieces Of Me.

My name is Ryan Tyler. I have recurring dreams consisting of a series of bizarre images, but each night, it ends the same way... with my own death.

-

If dreams are a way for the subconscious mind to send messages to the brain, then mine is just plain nagging, because I have the same dream every night... the same terrible dream.

"You're new. But being part of the dream, you already know that, don't you? Have you come to give me answers? Some understanding?" "Only you have the answers. Life is to be understood, it is nothing to be feared", said the pale looking boy.

"Great, I didn't think so." I looked out to the sea and up to the sky. Hues of blue. At this time of year in France? Couldn't get better thing this! "And again, we have crows... always seven. And here I thought that was a lucky number. What do you think? Oh, so it's going to be like that huh?"

He refused to say a word. I took a cold breathe in and exhaled out warmth. The atmosphere constantly changes. I looked away and made my way to the old grimacing castle that stood before me. The very same ones that you'd see in vampire movies. The gargoyles always gave me the creeps. But the structure of the Gothic building? Mind blowing.

Like I always said, I've had the same dream before. But still, each time it feels new.

"Ryannnnn..."

Hearing my own name always startles me. It sounds like it's coming for upstairs.

"Ryannnnn..." "Ryannnnn..."

But the higher I climb, the softer the voice becomes. "Ryannnn..." And then, it's gone... Ryan, this is your life. Parts of it anyway. I found myself in a very old dusty, Victorian-like church. On the glass panes of the church, I saw my past, the present & the future.The good, the bad and even the ugly.

The images makes my blood boil. I want to drive my fist through the glass. Erase it from my memory. It hurts too much to remember how Gloria left me... how she was taken away from me! This time, I understand. "That's strange. Is that me?"

I was happening to be looking right at myself into the mirror. Except, that wasn't me. "What are you smiling at?" My mirror image gave a smug smile and pulled me into the mirror. I found myself falling... "THUD."

-

I always heard, that if you die in your dream, you die in real life. Well, I die every time. So, what does that tell you? It tells me the freud was an idiot. Dreams don't mean squat. "True, dreams are not to be the focal point of our existence. That which is here, should remain.", the pale boy whispered into the lifeless body.

While you direct your attention elsewhere, focus on what matters most. The life that you still have.

No comments:

Post a Comment