When I went to New York for a short holiday to get away from the busy and hectic lifestyle of being a editor-in-chief back home, I discovered a very nasty culture shock in the most unexpected situation.
I went to this bar, thinking I could strike lucky and meet a cute looking guy or even luckier, an Adonis. A tall, lanky but ravishing man came up to me and said, "Hey beautiful, do you do nails?' He put my drink down on the bar counter and walked off. I was seriously caught with my pants down for the first ime! I didn't know how I was supposed to react. So I just let out a stupid sounding snort and sat there for a good 5 minutes thinking what the hell just happened.
I didn't know what he meant until I ran into a group of half drunken girls and managed to pry out from them what the guy actually meant after having countless shots of tequila and lime. "He thinks you're a chinese or vietnamese, honey! You don't look like oneeeeee thoughh!," as this bitch's words were slurred. A term that most Americans use to stereotype Asians. Mostly the Chinese in particular, as most of their jobs were simply to do nails. Bloody men. Worst of all, I wasn't even near to Chinese at all. Hmm, maybe I do look like a Chinese, fuck!
Whoever that man was either used the slightest effort to try to get my number, that white men have no compassion whatsoever in commenting how nicely dressed a girl is or just needs glasses. Mean motherfucker needs lessons to good pick up lines and a pair of glasses.
I came to a conclusion that maybe America wasn't such a prejudiced country after all. Some men in the US just don't know how to flatter women. So, I made a quick decision on the spot. American men are totally bad-ass.
I wanted to move to America. And I did.
-
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment