"What brings you here so early to the den?"
"Oh, just the nagging thought of being alone at 4 in the morning and not being able to sleep is just sad. I'd rather be here in the office drinking coffee black and doing my endless stacks of paper work rather then facing the daunting task of cooking breakfast for the girlfriend," he wilted as he passed me my latte.
"I won't be the least bit surprised if your girlfriend was cheating on you, mate!"
"I don't know. I love being around her and all but I always hope my girlfriend isn't craving for sunny side ups when she wakes up. She always wants sunny side ups for breakfast. I always turn them into scrambled eggs instead!," he sniggered but with a hint of sadness in it.
"She pouts when I give her the scrambled eggs. I can't erase that expression in my head. It haunts me and makes me feel really guilty. Suckfest, real suckfest," he said shaking his head shamefully as if he had done something terribly wrong.
"Well, don't worry your little head about it," as I scruffled his hair, "Just practise making sunny side ups then, you'll get there." I took a sip from my latte when Oswald quipped, "Speaking of the devil, Jupiter, I got tickets for 2 to a play called 'What the Butler Saw'. It racked up some a couple of good reviews. Plus you need a little... bit of a male companion to accompany you. Or are you gay?! You haven't been in love for a very long time," he frowned slightly and look down at his paperwork embarrassingly.
A man like Oswald deserved a pretty girlfriend, at least an understanding one at that. Not some girlfriend who fusses over fucking scrambled eggs which I think is very absurd. "What I do with my love-life has absolutely nothing to do with you! Why don't you follow me to the play then? I don't have any male friends!," I grinned.
"The girlfriend wouldn't be too happy about this!"
"What she doesn't know wouldn't kill her right?" I playfully took his face in my hands and gave him a sloppy kiss on the cheek.
"Now finish up those reports that needs to be on my desk by 12. It's a date then." I winked and walked away, feeling my face blushing ever so slightly. Not like his isn't blushing. He must look like a red lobster by now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment