Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thankful.

My dad & I were flipping channels back and forth while waiting for Survivor. Animal Planet's Documentary on Animals, History Channel's War in Manila between the Americans & Japanese. But that part is very irrelevant to what I'm going to say.

I just realised that teenagers of our generation don't spend much time with our family members. Did you realise that? Truthfully, if my father wasn't that hot-headed when it comes to cooking together as a family, I would be helping out too. My dad is like Chef Ramasay from that reality cooking show called Hell's Kitchen. Argh, one stupid mistake and he'll get super mad pissed & everything in the kitchen goes flying. So, I try to appease his anger by letting him vent it all out. After realising what his done, he'll just keep quiet and go to his room, come back out and talk to us as if nothing happened.

What the hell is with this people? Is a simple sorry so difficult? I dislike people who can't bring themselves to say sorry just because they have a pride. Ok, completely digressing here!

True, I love my friends, social life, but I dont think most teens don't really take time to sit down and talk to parents like a friend! When my mother comes over to visit me, I get super hyped about it, I cant stop calling her! My mother is my bestfriend & I'm so thankful for it. I'd want to talk to my father like a friend, but somehow I cant. His the super strict daddy, so I cant never talk to him about anything. The tongue piercing incident was already bad enough for me, so what makes him think I'd talk to him like a grown up?! He doesnt like hugging & kissing, but I guess that's just how some men are. And for once, I was quite happy to be sitting with my daddy & sister in his room watching television, without any arguments!

Mother is coming tomorrow! :D <3

No comments:

Post a Comment